My Top 5 Tips To Start Your Business Today
So you’re thinking about starting a business in direct sales, starting a blog, or just sharing some of your crafty creations at a local fair or vendor event. In this age when entrepreneurship is running rampant, you are in good company. However, what are the skills that you will need to succeed in your endeavors? Do you need to know all the things to get started?
Let me share my top 5 tips to start your business today that I have learned on my direct sales journey that may help inspire you as you consider taking that brave step out into the business world.
Buckle in for the Long Ride
(1) Know that whatever you are going to do will require hard work and long hours. You may have heard the saying that “anything worth having is worth fighting for”. That is definitely true for the entrepreneur. It is going to take time to research, plan, and implement what you learn. Is there an existing market for your product or service? What is a good price point for your product or service? What platforms are you most adept at in terms of marketing and building a customer base? Doing a good job in the initial research and planning stage will help set a good course as you launch your business.
Research and Network
(2) Seek out people around you or research on-line resources to connect you to business experts. Do you have friends who have started businesses in the past that are now thriving? Schedule a coffee date and have them share some tips and things they wish they would have known before initially starting their business. Have you identified a particular skill that will be necessary in your business that you need training in? There are so many on-line tutorials and marketing courses available at your fingertips today by just googling your chosen topic. Some of my favorites include You Tube, Lynda.com, My Blogging Mentor, and the Sassy Suite. Investing in yourself, as long as you keep it within your budget, is going to pay off in the long run.
Don’t Forget You Have a Life
(3) Don’t get so wrapped up in your business that you forget everything and everyone else that you love. I have a sign in my home that reads: “Do one thing every day that you love.” There is a reason for that. When I first began my direct sales journey, I spent every waking moment working on my business or dreaming about ways to work my business. I neglected myself and others which eventually led to poor health, anxiety, and losing connections with friends and family. Try to find a healthy balance as you begin your business journey. Take time each day to do something you love whether that means reading, cooking, going for a walk with your hubby, playing with your kids or grandkids, or inviting a friend out for coffee. If you don’t take the time to restore and revive your own soul, you will soon find yourself exhausted, sick, and lonely.
Don’t Go Into Debt
(4) Starting a business doesn’t have to require a huge initial outlay. You don’t have to have the cutest desk accessories, expensive planners, or a huge inventory to get started. With most direct sales company, an initial investment of around $99 will get you the business essentials needed to get started. If you are willing to be patient and reinvest your earnings a bit at a time, you can build a successful business debt-free which will result in less stress and more profit for you.
Just Do It
(5) The last, but certainly not the least, of my top 5 tips to start your business is if you have a great business idea that you have thoroughly researched, fits your budget, and you feel passionate about, just do it! Start today! Don’t wait for the “perfect” time as that will likely never come. There is always going to be something else competing for your dreams and your time, so make the commitment to get started now.
Hopefully, these top 5 tips to start your business will be helpful as you begin your own entrepreneurial journey. If you are interested in more tips or are interested in learning more about joining my team, feel free to contact me.